ECU Access using a Mac

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:17 pm
Unable to access the ECU using a Mac, any suggestions to try. Windows running with VMWARE. Thanks

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 am
I run Windows 10 using Bootcamp and I am able access it. I did have to use the firewire connection. A USB to Ethernet adapter would not work.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:29 am
Thanks, I will try looking at the firewall settings. I am using W-7 running under VMWare. I also have a windows netbook that I will try later today. Nikki and Mike mentioned there have been problems with Macs in the past. I also know of PC users having problems until they adjusted their Firewalls. All is good.. :D We were able to set the TPS manually,,, Thanks Nikki!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:27 am
I was never able to get the ECU connection to work through VMWare Fusion to Windows 7 or 10; booting directly into Bootcamp worked in Windows 7

I've had problems with Windows 10 through Bootcamp connecting to the ECU, but will retry again once I get an Ethernet adapter on my new MacBook Pro now that I've done a clean Windows 10 install. Interested in how the Firewire connection worked as I thought the only way to get access to the ECU was through an Ethernet connection.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Return to Spec Racer Gen3