Gen3 Engine crate question

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:50 pm
I am picking up an engine later this week and have a question. I was given the dimensions of 36x36x46 from Enterprises. 46" being the height. This is pretty tall for how I need to remove it from the truck bed. It was implied that I could remove the top to reduce the height. I assume the top and sides are one box-like assembly. I took this as meaning the area above the engine is filled with the other parts for the conversion. Is this the case?

Any info would be helpful.

Jim
Last edited by Jim Nash on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:07 pm
IIRC, there is stuff packed on top. There was a big frame of 2x4s which i believe we were able to lift off the engine pallet. But it's been a while.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:36 pm
As I recall the corrugated box cover, reinforced with a 2X4 subframe, can be unfastened at its base on the pallet and lifted off, if need be.

Yes, the rest of the kit's parts are either loose or in boxes and are packed around the engine. You can remove those first by opening the hinged box lid.

I think you might reduce the overall height by about 6 inches after removing the outer carton. That said, if you are lifting the engine exposed on its pallet, be extra careful to not whack that intake manifold into anything! That be one pricey piece to crack, boy howdy.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:55 pm
Thanks guys for the info. Good to know about the manifold as I will likely need to hoist it without the crate sides.

Responses from Connecticut and California from a fly-over land request for info. Isn't the internet great!

Jim

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:05 pm
Jim,

I'll give you a response from the middle of the country. Nikki delivered my engine in the back of her trailer on a trip down to Pueblo, CO. No packing to deal with. Now, that was service!! Thanks Nikki!

DaveP :D

Return to Spec Racer Gen3