First time in SF3

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:56 pm
This past weekend I had my SRF out for the first time after conversion. During conversion I took the car completely down to frame removing every bolt, rivet, wire, etc. So first big test was to run five laps and see if anything came loose. Nothing did :D . Then next was to run some laps at 95% with old goodyears to make sure no temperature problems, leaks etc. Still no problems :D Then I got to start having real fun. The new engine is amazing. The new tires feel really good. I also had a very worn transmission rebuilt and shifting is so much better. I am so excited. I can not wait until the next race.

I did have one small problem. The bolts inside the muffler came loose and a weld broke inside the muffler. I will weld that this weekend and add some loctite to the bolt
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:11 am
Good to see you on track at St. Louis. Congratulations on a successful conversion.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:05 am
Martinracing98 wrote:This past weekend I had my SRF out for the first time after conversion. During conversion I took the car completely down to frame removing every bolt, rivet, wire, etc. So first big test was to run five laps and see if anything came loose. Nothing did :D . Then next was to run some laps at 95% with old goodyears to make sure no temperature problems, leaks etc. Still no problems :D Then I got to start having real fun. The new engine is amazing. The new tires feel really good. I also had a very worn transmission rebuilt and shifting is so much better. I am so excited. I can not wait until the next race.

I did have one small problem. The bolts inside the muffler came loose and a weld broke inside the muffler. I will weld that this weekend and add some loctite to the bolt

Even if you fix your own muffler, let Enterprises know what happened. There has been a rash of small issues with the muffler and I'm sure Enterprises would want to know the magnitude of the problem.

Return to Spec Racer Gen3