It's Alive

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:30 pm
I started it for the for time. I filled water with vacuum system and pressure tested. I pressure tested and set the fuel regulator. My only problem is the connector is the TPS connector did not want to go together. Something was wrong inside. I got it corrected, hopefully, and it started and ran correctly.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 pm
Martinracing98 wrote:I started it for the for time. I filled water with vacuum system and pressure tested. I pressure tested and set the fuel regulator. My only problem is the connector is the TPS connector did not want to go together. Something was wrong inside. I got it corrected, hopefully, and it started and ran correctly.

The TPS and throttle body can be a PITA, once you get past that, it gets a lot more fun. :)
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:05 am
Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it??? :D
Dan

Formerly Teamwork Motorsports #99, Chassis #460
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:37 am
That engine is a snotty sounding little S.O.B., ain't it?

But the big thing isn't so much more power as less weight on the rear. The driving experience is a dramatic change for the better. The GEN3 feels like a real racecar -- nimble, responsive and, when compared to a GEN2 on radials, more forgiving too.

As another guy who did a home conversion (with the help my pals George and Fred) I feel what you went through. But it's all worth it. Congratulations and happy racing!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:28 pm
Bob Devol wrote:That engine is a snotty sounding little S.O.B., ain't it?

But the big thing isn't so much more power as less weight on the rear. The driving experience is a dramatic change for the better. The GEN3 feels like a real racecar -- nimble, responsive and, when compared to a GEN2 on radials, more forgiving too.

As another guy who did a home conversion (with the help my pals George and Fred) I feel what you went through. But it's all worth it. Congratulations and happy racing!

I like doing that type of stuff. Additionally I have acquired enough tools over the years that I have no excuse for not doing it. My shop in the back yard looks almost like a business with a four post lift, mig welder, lathe, 60 ton press, and an old coats tire changer I found for $50 and got working again. I took the opportunity to take frame to bare metal to check for cracks and to re-bond the floor pan. Unfortunately a surprise back surgery during the off season means I did not get a chance to improve the fiberglass. Oh well. Car is running. All I have to do is balance tires and some minor other things. Doctor has released me to no restrictions. First race is in the middle of May

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:16 pm
Congratulations! Same experience for me, recently. After five months of doing my own upgrade, mine fired up for the first time on March 25th. Hearing it start gave me a huge sense of pride and accomplishment. Mine is JUST ABOUT ready to go. Have some touch up paint on the frame, decals, and general once over to ensure everything's tight and next week I'll head out to the first race of the season.

Good luck in your first event.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 pm
Jparris wrote:Congratulations! Same experience for me, recently. After five months of doing my own upgrade, mine fired up for the first time on March 25th. Hearing it start gave me a huge sense of pride and accomplishment. Mine is JUST ABOUT ready to go. Have some touch up paint on the frame, decals, and general once over to ensure everything's tight and next week I'll head out to the first race of the season.

Good luck in your first event.

Thanks, good luck to you as well

Return to Spec Racer Gen3