Tire feadback?

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:45 pm
Funny! I remember a story from long ago about Lars running fronts on the left, rears on the right...on purpose...while running an event on the IRP oval.

Jeff
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:22 pm
We have already had Hoosier front mounted on rear wheel and rear on front...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:51 pm
dave wrote:We have already had Hoosier front mounted on rear wheel and rear on front...

There were somewhere between 5 and 10 sets at Fontana that way. Those guys were less than attentive to details.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 pm
bimmer635csi wrote:
dave wrote:We have already had Hoosier front mounted on rear wheel and rear on front...

There were somewhere between 5 and 10 sets at Fontana that way. Those guys were less than attentive to details.

That was where ours got mounted...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 pm
Reminds me of the Yoke days when we found the local Walmart would mount them for a very low price, but getting them on the correct size rim and oriented correctly (since they were uni-directional) became a problem. My wife came up with a creative solution by putting a different colored dot on the front and rear rims, then putting the appropriate colored dot on each tire to be mounted, then instructed the mounters to "match the dots". Worked perfectly every time!
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:38 pm
breton wrote:Reminds me of the Yoke days when we found the local Walmart would mount them for a very low price, but getting them on the correct size rim and oriented correctly (since they were uni-directional) became a problem. My wife came up with a creative solution by putting a different colored dot on the front and rear rims, then putting the appropriate colored dot on each tire to be mounted, then instructed the mounters to "match the dots". Worked perfectly every time!

Wow, Bob, I forgot about the orienting stuff with those Yokes. I pretty much did it the same way with arrows and stickers on tires and rims.

And now, to make us truly stop pining for the "good old days," remember we had to shave those suckers down about 3/32" just to keep pace. Luckily, there's a tire shaver not too far from me. Still it was a real time sucker getting those puppies prepped.

All that, plus the Yoke Hydro-Planetary rain tires AND those incredibly nice (not) Yokohama Racing guys, makes me very grateful for Goodyear and now Hoosier.
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3