GEN3 Manual Link - Regularly Updated!

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:03 pm
removed link see below!

Enjoy...an update email is coming soon as well. This is a living document...
Last edited by Erik Skirmants on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:26 pm
removed! See below

New Updated Version!
Last edited by Erik Skirmants on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:09 pm
https://s3.amazonaws.com/emma-assets/p2 ... 0_10_6.pdf

update again...next one will have dash pin out and some effort to standardize and finalize the photographs to help!
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:01 pm
Erik, I am in the process of doing the conversion. You might want to update a few manual items for those of us (do it yourselves customers).

Minimum range motor mount bracket locations, from front horizontal frame member back to the front of the two top motor mount brackets.

Suggested fan black wire mounting location. I would guess it is a ground wire to frame.

Perhaps I am just missing these two items and can't find them.

Last thing would be a diagram of where the T fitting should go for the optional water temp gauge package. I believe it is just to the left on the engine inlet radiator tube by the trany side where the water line goes up to the t fitting to the coolant tank. The picture in the manual is not able to show this location.

These aren't big items, but might help others in the process.

So far so good and looks like a job that most of us should not have a problem completing.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:27 pm
We ran into an issue with the upper right side engine mount due to the frame bracket location. the bracket was slightly over 11 1/4" from the rollbar to the inside of the bracket, and we could not get the engine to fit, so we had to cut and reweld to short the distance to 11". Not sure if that's consistent across frames as I measured several cars and the range seemed to fall between 11 & 11 3/8". Recommend a test fit before you get too far to make sure that all four locations work (no matter how loosely we started we could never the right side engine mount to fit before giving up and rewarding in the new location.)

We missed the black wire as well; I grounded to oil cooler upper bolts; don't think it's important where you ground it but it's kind of in "no man's land" so that seemed as good a place as any since the other wires were near that location.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:55 pm
Coolant tank - My original tank has a dash 8 fitting on the upper left side of the tank and the kit comes with a dash 6 to be welded on. Figure 1 in the manual shows the supplied dash 6 fitting on the upper left and the dash 8 on the lower left.

Am I supposed to relocate the existing dash 8 fitting on my tank from the upper to the lower position?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:37 pm
On the new tank from Enterprises, the 6 is on the top and the 8 is on the bottom.

DaveP
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:34 pm
Right, on my existing tank the 8 is on the top. So do I move it to the bottom so the six is on the top and the 8 is on the bottom?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 pm
You should have received a 6an male fitting and an 8an male fitting with a tube on it in your Gen3 kit. You cut out the old fittings and weld in the two new ones (6an on top).

DaveP
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 pm
Ahhhh, got it!
So that leads to the next question how is the AN-8 with the tube extension oriented, horizontal or vertical?
Next

Return to Spec Racer Gen3