3 12 14 Invoice questions

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032406508
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 pm
CDSInc- Hi Peter,
I have an existing CDS system in my car (SSI-12 #2123) which have spoken about in the past. What would you expect the 'conversion' cost to be for making it compatible with GEN3? I suspect at least the new harness to communicate with the ECU. Would any reprogramming be on your end, or might it be done by the user? Any other requirements?
If the ECU communicates data currently fed to other channels, do those become available for other uses or the signals go to the existing channels, just from a the ECU feed?
Les Kurz
NER SRF #31
Chassis #008 (GEN2)
Site Advertiser
Site Advertiser
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 pm
xvracer wrote:CDSInc- Hi Peter,
I have an existing CDS system in my car (SSI-12 #2123) which have spoken about in the past. What would you expect the 'conversion' cost to be for making it compatible with GEN3? I suspect at least the new harness to communicate with the ECU. Would any reprogramming be on your end, or might it be done by the user? Any other requirements?
If the ECU communicates data currently fed to other channels, do those become available for other uses or the signals go to the existing channels, just from a the ECU feed?

Les,
You would need a mod done to your Port B harness and a re-flash. You need to send it in to us for that work. All of the channels that you are currently using for engine functions would then be free for other uses. The channels of data we get from the PE ECU are: RPM, Throttle, Oil T, Oil P, water T, Intake T, MAP, Fuel P, and Lambda. The exact cost depends the condition of your Port B harness and what if anything you want to do with the unused cables. Call or Email Sara and she can give you a quote.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:05 am
Just curious what the benefits are of monitoring the ECU besides seeing if may be something is happening internally to the engine. Are you allowed to play with the fuel and ignition map curve?
Anthony Carbone Jr
SRF#16

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 pm
No playing allowed, viewing only!
Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion
Chassis:
247-1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:26 am
The data stream from the ECU is intended to provide all the engine health information to a data system or Driver display. The result, no need to add a redundant sensor or wiring for each reading you want to monitor. It’s a simple 1 or 2 wire hook up. They are the same control values the ECU uses.

We have also made up a new chassis harness, with only the needed functions included, plus a 12V power and ground plug provided to power data system. This be standard on all new GEN3 car kits, an option for GEN3 conversion kits.

As more people use the data stream, the settings needed for various data systems types or brands are being gathered…We have 3 basic types of output available somewhat “universal CAN”, “Bosch motorsport 4.3 CAN” and “Pectel Atlantic Serial” The Serial signal is made possible with a small converter that is an option.

The engine Map or Calibration will be password protected… new GEN3 rules are not finished at this point. There will be very extreme consequences if anyone is found tampering with engine tuning.

The first GEN3 kits are shipping this week ….we are moving forward !
Mike Davies
SCCA Enterprises

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:16 pm
Mike D wrote:We have also made up a new chassis harness, with only the needed functions included, plus a 12V power and ground plug provided to power data system. This be standard on all new GEN3 car kits, an option for GEN3 conversion kits.

Mike, so on all conversions the the above will be a necessary option?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:16 pm
jim flynn wrote: a necessary option?

;)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:33 pm
Absolutely not necessary. Just a really smart choice if your chassis harness looks like Bill the Cat's chew toy. No one has used one with Production kits yet. Comprent chose one for their R&D car completion and Mike Amy's kit (shipping today) will have one.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:01 pm
I would like to discard my chew toy. So count me in on the new one!

Thanks Erik

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:43 pm
Erik,

What is the cost of the new harness?

DaveP
PreviousNext

Return to Spec Racer Gen3