Gen 3 Rules have been published.

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:30 am
I've lost hours of my life on "you have to do this" for the markings / lights / foam balls we must have to see a SRF3 coming. It's an orange stripe...I'll negotiate width...then I'm done. Go...
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 am
How about a safety flag like this ... :?:
Attachments
Safety Flag.jpg
Safety Flag.jpg (3.16 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 am
What was done in the Renault vs Ford days? Was there a difference made, besides the class designation?
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am
Kurt...it's been done...SR's had to run those flags in the early mixed group days at the track I grew up at! (Waterford Hills).

Steve...I'm told (a lot) that this time it is totally different...SRF3's are faster in the straight and the corners...it is actually about a 70% greater lap time improvement than SR to SRF.

I was going to contact the Gulf Oil Company and get the orange balls...but settled on a stripe.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:29 pm
I'm not sure that distinguishing the two classes is totally necessary. We didn't do it in the SR/SRF transition (the promised "delta" in performance was similar, but wasn't achieved until suspension adjustments made the SRF more drivable.)

I expect that given the rate of conversion that the Gen 3 fields will be relatively small compared to SRF and qualifying will provide separation of the faster car/driver combinations (and don't expect every Gen 3 to be in front of all the SRF's.)
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:38 pm
I agree there should be some easy way to distinguish a Gen 3. I was at Daytona this past Friday test day and qualifying on Saturday. I had the occasion to be passed at the far end of straights a few times by a group of Gen 3's. I'm not sure of the top speed in SRF but I was maxed out in a draft with other srf's and the Gen 3's blew by us at many mph faster. I saw these groups each time but it would be possible to not be very observant and have a bad result. Also, if a Gen 3 falls back after a spin then that car will be driving hard through the slower srf's. So I like the idea of a highly visible way to mark the Gen 3's.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:51 am
Okay, then, how about this:

Rule: Specified color orange six-inch long by two-inch wide stripe on top of roll hoop, both sides, mandatory. Additional, unlimited number of specified color orange stripes applied to roll hoop struts and/or anywhere on the body are highly recommended.

Anybody got a problem with that?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 am
Bob Devol wrote:Okay, then, how about this:

Rule: Specified color orange six-inch long by two-inch wide stripe on top of roll hoop, both sides, mandatory. Additional, unlimited number of specified color orange stripes applied to roll hoop struts and/or anywhere on the body are highly recommended.

Anybody got a problem with that?

+1

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:25 am
Instead of the roll hoop-where all my tech stickers reside- use the front side of both mirrors that would be painted the selected color?
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 am
jim flynn wrote:Instead of the roll hoop-where all my tech stickers reside- use the front side of both mirrors that would be painted the selected color?

I think this is a much better idea. Roll hoops have cameras, etc.
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C
PreviousNext

Return to Spec Racer Gen3